Last month in New York City over 300 of today’s women leaders came together for the Forbes Women Summit: Power Redefined. This year’s theme was fittingly “The Entrepreneurship of Everything” with the primary thread of thought presented being that in order to effect change, one must take on the entrepreneurial mindset, spirit, and approach in all aspects of your life. In attendance were women change agents from all industries and backgrounds, including actresses, comedians, entrepreneurs, scientists, educators, media, and financial specialists. You can view the full list of participants at Forbes Conference site.
Forbes Women Summit: Power Redefined – Mission
Moira Forbes states, their mission is to “harness the power and intellect of this multi-generational group by forging partnerships, creating solutions, and taking actions to make the world a better place. Entrepreneurs don’t just come up with ideas—they make things happen.”
Topics at this summit included:
- The New Face of Feminism
- Hacking The Mind
- STEM: The New Pathway to the Corner Office
- Fueling the Entrepreneurial Engine
- Power Redefined: The Entrepreneurship of Everything
The full videos from the summit highlights can be viewed at the Forbes Site. If you were unable to attend the conference these videos provide an excellence glimpse into the world’s current female change agents and the ways in which the women leaders of today are affecting change in the world along with the importance of women entrepreneurs on the impact of social and economic global change.
Today’s Women Change Agents
You’ll notice many of the women show up in our newsletter highlights and are in the media forging a new way for women to empower themselves and others, and most importantly make a positive change in the world. Speakers included:
- Laura Alber, President, Chief Executive Officer & Director, Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- Yvette L. Campbell, President & Chief Executive Officer, Harlem School of the Arts
- Topaz Page-Green, Founder, The Lunchbox Fund & Feedie
- Caryl M. Stern, President & Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Mary Callahan Erdoes, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Khalida Brohi, Founder & Executive Director, Sughar Empowerment Society
- Felicity Huffman, Actress & Founder, WhatTheFlicka.com
- Diane von Furstenberg, Founder & Co-Chairman, DVF Studio LLP
- Maysoon Zayid, Actress, Comedian, and Writer, NYAACF
- Moderator: Carly Fiorina, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Carly Fiorina Enterprises
- Dr. Cori Bargmann, HHMI Investigator & Professor, The Rockefeller University
- Dr. Paige Cramer, Associate Principal Scientist, Merck, Sharp & Dohme
- Dr. Faraz Farzin, Research Scientist, Lumosity
- Goldie Hawn, Founder, The Hawn Foundation
- Moderator: Deborah Norville, Anchor, Inside Edition
- Stephanie C. Hill, Vice President & General Manager, Information Systems & Global Solutions Civil Business, Lockheed Martin
- Lyndsey Scott, App Developer, Standable Inc.
- Debbie Sterling, Founder, GoldieBlox
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer, Cisco Systems
- Dr. Telle Whitney, President & Chief Executive Officer, Anita Borg Institute
- Norma Kamali, Designer & Founder, Norma Kamali Inc.
- Monica Yunus, Co-Founding Director, Sing for Hope
- Sydney Morris, Co-Founder & Co-Chief Executive Officer, Educators 4 Excellence
- Lila Ibrahim, Partner, KPCB; Chief Business Officer, Coursera
- Cherie Blair, Chair, Omnia Strategy, LLP; Founder, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Tory Burch, Founder, Chief Executive Officer & Designer, Tory Burch LLC
- Theresia Gouw, Founding Partner, Aspect Ventures
- Shivani Siroya, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, InVenture
- Denise Restauri, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, GirlQuake
- Bobbi Brown, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
- Vice Admiral Michelle Howard, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Operations, Plans and Strategy, United States Navy
- Kathy Ireland, Founder, Chair & Chief Executive Officer, kathy ireland Worldwide
- Shiza Shahid, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Malala Fund
- Beth Brooke-Marciniak, Global Vice Chair, Public Policy, EY
Is there someone you would like to see added to next year’s conference?